A cheap and accessible way to maintain a youthful body
From Longevity Wiki
PER DAY (on the average and can vary)
- Two cups of dark leafy greens, like celery, parsley, kale, spinach, purslane and mustard greens;
- Two cups of cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, red cabbage, sauerkraut, finely grated radish skin, arugula;
- Three cups of colored vegetables (usually finely grated carrots, purple sweet potatoes, red cabbage, radish skin), except for sweetcorn and white potatoes;
- Two cups of red tomatoes, preferably a smaller sized (cherry or grape)
- One to two medium beets (from time to time);
A mixture of ingredients ground together:
- One tablespoon of pumpkin seeds;
- One tablespoon of sunflower seeds;
- One tablespoon of Flax seeds
- One tablespoon of apricot kernels
- Two tablespoons of sweet almonds
- Two tablespoons of Macadamia nuts
- One or two tablespoons of black grape raisins (seeds containing) sulfur dioxide treated
- a teaspoon of cocoa powder can sometimes be added to the mixture.
Eat with 2-3 cups of freshly brewed green tea.
- One serving of 'methylation' adaptogens, such as half a cup of berries or occasionally half a teaspoon of rosemary or turmeric;
- Six ounces (170 g) of meat (mainly fish and sometimes poultry);
- Two servings of low glycemic fruit, such as berries, grapefruit and apples;
- Drink ~ eight cups of water.
- Three servings of liver, each weighing three ounces;
- Five to ten eggs, ideally free range or organic.
- Exercise for 30 - 40 minutes five days per week at a moderate to high intensity, such as fast walk + quick run up the stairs to the 2nd or 3rd floor;
- Sleep for seven hours per night on average;
- Five-minute breathing exercises four times a day.
- Eating anything between 7pm and 7am for a 12-hour fast;
- Any added sugar, candy, dairy, grains, legumes or beans.
- Fitzgerald, K. N., Campbell, T., Makarem, S., & Hodges, R. (2023). Potential reversal of biological age in women following an 8-week methylation-supportive diet and lifestyle program: a case series. Aging (Albany NY), 15(6), 1833. PMID: 36947707 PMCID: PMC10085584 DOI: 10.18632/aging.204602
- Tang, D., Tang, Q., Huang, W., Zhang, Y., Tian, Y., & Fu, X. (2023). Fasting: From Physiology to Pathology. Advanced Science, 10(9), 2204487. PMID: 36737846 PMCID: PMC10037992 DOI: 10.1002/advs.202204487
- Longo, V. D., & Anderson, R. M. (2022). Nutrition, longevity and disease: From molecular mechanisms to interventions. Cell, 185(9), 1455-1470. PMID: 35487190 PMCID: PMC9089818 DOI: 10.1016/j.cell.2022.04.002