|MIT-001 (also known as NecroX-7 or LC28-0126)|
|Mol Weight 439.57|
|CAS No. 1120332-55-9|
MIT-001 (also known as NecroX-7 or LC28-0126) is a reactive oxygen species scavenger and a necrosis inhibitor being developed for the treatment of various conditions caused by oxidative stress. It is also a HMGB1 (high-mobility group box 1) inhibitor.
It was reported that MIT-001 has an anti-inflammatory effect on the ovaries of old mice and recovers ovarian function. The number of oocytes per ovary increased two-fold in MIT-001-treated old mice.
Multiple administrations of LC28-0126 exhibited a dose-proportional pharmacokinetic profile and were well tolerated at a dose range of 3–30 mg. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT03196804
NecroX-7 has demonstrated therapeutic efficacies in a wide range of diseases including graft-versus-host disease (GVHD), improved chronic colitis by attenuating the mRNA expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines such as TNF-α, demonstrated potential as a medication for neurological disorders with its neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory, and anti-necroptotic effects 
- Kim, H. J., Koo, S. Y., Ahn, B. H., Park, O., Park, D. H., Seo, D. O., ... & Kim, S. H. (2010). NecroX as a novel class of mitochondrial reactive oxygen species and ONOO⁻ scavenger. Archives of pharmacal research, 33(11), 1813-1823. PMID: 21116785 DOI: 10.1007/s12272-010-1114-4
- Plemmenos, G., Tzimogianni, V., Fili, C., & Piperi, C. (2023). Contributing Role of High Mobility Group Box 1 Signaling in Oral Cancer Development and Therapy. Life, 13(7), 1577. PMID: 37511951 PMC10381251 DOI: 10.3390/life13071577
- Kang M-H, Kim YJ, Cho MJ, Jang J, Koo YD, Kim SH, Lee JH. (2023). Mitigating Age-Related Ovarian Dysfunction with the Anti-Inflammatory Agent MIT-001. International Journal of Molecular Sciences; 24(20):15158. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms242015158
- Kim, E., Hwang, I., Lee, S., Oh, J., Chung, H., Jin, M., ... & Yu, K. S. (2020). Pharmacokinetics and Tolerability of LC28-0126, a Novel Necrosis Inhibitor, After Multiple Ascending Doses: A Phase I Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study in Healthy Male Subjects. Clinical Therapeutics, 42(10), 1946-1954. DOI: 10.1016/j.clinthera.2020.08.011
- Im, K. I., Kim, N., Lim, J. Y., Nam, Y. S., Lee, E. S., Kim, E. J., ... & Cho, S. G. (2015). The free radical scavenger NecroX-7 attenuates acute graft-versus-host disease via reciprocal regulation of Th1/regulatory T cells and inhibition of HMGB1 release. The Journal of Immunology, 194(11), 5223-5232.PMID: 25911749 PMC4432727 DOI: 10.4049/jimmunol.1402609
- Kim, D., Koo, J. S., Kim, S. H., Park, Y. S., Choe, J. W., Kim, S. Y., ... & Yim, H. J. (2023). The Effect of Necrosis Inhibitor on Dextran Sulfate Sodium Induced Chronic Colitis Model in Mice. Pharmaceutics, 15(1), 222. PMC9862178
- Roh, Y., Lee, S. B., Kim, M., Kim, M. H., Kim, H. J., & Cho, K. O. (2023). Alleviation of hippocampal necroptosis and neuroinflammation by NecroX-7 treatment after acute seizures. Frontiers in Pharmacology, 14. PMID: 37601059 PMC10433749 DOI: 10.3389/fphar.2023.1187819